Thursday, April 16, 2009

Flourish

I just discovered that I am signed up on this blog, so I thought I'd make a post!

The Flourish conference is coming together well, thanks to all the hard work of the committee and Gillian. Hopefully our brochures will be ready to go in the next few weeks and we can start sending them round.

In the meantime we'd love to hear from anyone (specially in the PC Australia) who has comments, resources or questions on women's ministry. Drop a note to us by email or add a comment here and get involved in the discussion.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I would love to be a part of the discussion!

I would also like to let you know of a discussion that will be taking place at www.achurchinryde.com/blog regarding the issue of gender in the church, specifically the issue of women elders. There will be a series of discussions from people on both sides of the debate from the 1st to the 15th of September.

Please feel free to join us and check out both sides of the discussion and contribute to the debate.

We hope that an open and honest forum will lead to a greater understanding and respect for those we might not agree with!

Dave

Veronica said...

I am in ministry at Greenwich PC with my husband. I'd love to have gone to the Flourish Conference, however, I have organised my 50th for that day. Is there any way to get the contents of the workshops (i.e. mp3, cd, etc). I notice that you can only choose two of the workshops, so even if able to go I would be interested in some of the others. Veronica Pym

jennifer said...

I am also interested in knowing if the talks will be available after the conference.

The ideas and aims of this blog sound great - it would be good to see some more postings and activity here! : )

Dave said...

Our Blog Conference regarding women in ministry has kicked off! If you want to check it out it is found at www.achurchinryde.com/blog.
John McClean is involved, along with other ministers from PCA in NSW!